Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Flood Insurance

Presently, most flood insurance is provided by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).  This program is administered by The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and underwritten by many insurance companies on behalf of FEMA.  In addition to the NFIP, there are also private flood insurers.

Flood insurance is pretty simple.  You can insure a home (building) up to $250,000 – this is the maximum under the NFIP.  The maximum for contents is $100,000.  These cap amounts can be exceeded with private flood insurance. 

The NFIP charges an additional $250 annually for non-residents (secondary/seasonal) homeowners.

If you require flood insurance, give me a call so that I can provide you with the optimal quote for your home.  As always, my goal is the best coverage for the least amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment